If you've been keeping up with the blog, then you have seen plenty of content revolved around my upcoming birthday. Sorry I'm not sorry - I love birthdays. One thing I have noticed in recent years, is that each year seems to go by faster and faster, and I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing I could slow life down sometimes. Psychologist William James studied this phenomenon for his text Principles of Psychology and concluded that time seems to speed up in adult life because we experience fewer "firsts" and milestones. Because of this, I've been pushing myself to try new things and seek new experiences.
So, without further ado, here are the 26 things I hope to do/see/eat/accomplish in my 26th year of life.
1. Launch Quarter-Life Living ✔
2. Interview my grandparents
3. Eat a Belgian waffle in Brussels
4. Successfully run the Ragnar Relay
5. Swim in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland
6. Find a realtor in Minneapolis
7. Hike a new 14er
8. Paint a canvas piece
9. Make homemade sushi
10. Visit 3 new National Parks
11. Freshen up my embroidery skills
12. Practice yoga twice per week (minimum)
13. Host a dinner party
14. Reconnect with an old friend
15. Roam the canals of Amsterdam
16. Help clean a park
17. Read at least 10 new books
18. Take a photography course
19. Volunteer for another semester at Girls Inc.
20. Go to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
21. Make a craft
22. Technology cleanse for a day
23. Create a business plan for my dream venture
24. Become an auntie (niece or nephew #1 is due in June, and #2 is due in November).
25. Buy a bottle of Coyam wine