Jonas. If you are reading this. TURN BACK NOW! Santa will give you coal for peaking at your potential presents.
My main squeeze inspired this post, as he is a bit of an outdoor enthusiast. He's inspired me in a million capacities, but teaching me to embrace nature is one of the most surprising and enjoyable ways his influence has changed me. In the past 3 and a half years together, I have climbed a 14-er, completed the MS150, hiked dozens if not hundreds of miles (he might tease me for not knowing), camped under the stars, swam in lakes, rivers and seas, and stood under several waterfalls. And we're just getting started!
Now, one thing I want to note for this gift guide: these ideas aren't just for the expert outdoorsman, but also for the outdoor activist as well. If someone loves spending time in nature, then chances are they want to preserve it also, so I've compiled some options on both ends of the spectrum.
1. Osprey Pack - If your recipient loves hitting the trails, then a daypack or backpacking bag is a perfect option. For longer haul use, they'll want to get fitted, but you could still give them one and then have them try sizes in store. Oh, and check out Osprey's commitments to sustainability.
2. Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket - Patagonia as a company is boss, and they also boast a range of products that are made from recycled materials (like this one - the face is 100% recycled nylon).
3. LuminAID Lantern - Light up their campsite, and support a good cause. With their 'Give Light. Get Light' program, LuminAID donates proceeds to help disaster relief operations, with the most recent being hurricane and earthquake support for Puerto Rico, Mexico, and other Caribbean islands.
4. Sackcloth & Ashes Blanket - If they're into camping, then chances are they need a hearty blanket! For every Sackcloth & Ashes blanket sold, they donate one to a local homeless shelter.
6. Somo Water Bottle - Somo donates a portion of their proceeds to Charity: Water to fund sustainable, community-run water projects across the globe.
7. United by Blue Manse Shirt - This brand is one you can be proud to buy from: for every product they sell, they pledge to remove a pound of trash from the Earth's oceans, lakes, rivers, and streams. So far, they have removed over 1,000,000 pounds of garbage from natural water sources.
9. Alter Eco Truffles - Jonas and I always pack a treat for the end of a tough hike, and these little goodies are especially perfect for a summit celebration. Not only are they Fair Trade certified, but they have compostable wrappers!
10. Gift a Tree - Two years ago, Jonas donated a memorial tree in my name that was planted in a forest in Idaho. It was incredibly touching, and is still one of my favorite presents ever.
11. eno Giving Back Hammock - Eno donates a portion of the proceeds from each hammock sold to the respective organization, including Leave No Trace, the National Park Foundation, and Waterkeeper alliance. Hang in happiness knowing you put a little good back into the world (be sure to snag a suspension system too).
Hopefully that gives you some inspiration to give a little greener this season!
Image Credit: Google ||